Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gardening and other flowering things

I've put pictures of yard plants on before, but these are a little bit different after a couple of months. It's pretty cool to watch everything grow. It seems like V's lettuces sprout a couple of inches twice a day. It's really fun to see what is going to happen next. Summer around here is pretty amazing though it has rained quite a bit today. It actually is cool enough to have a little fire in the woodburning stove. Amazing. With summer we get the usual, bear, deer, racoons, and lots of birds. We saw one this morning that we had not seem before. I'm so bad I couldn't tell if it was a chickadee or a woodpecker. Let me tell you they look nothing alike. There were several things about it that caught me off guard. Yellow chest, brown back, but part of it's little head looked red. Like the woodpeckers we get here. Of course the binoculars were not in the house. Anyway enjoy the photos.

No comments: