Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010....it's different!

Okay...so I decided to go to Lake Charles Louisana for Thanksgiving. But on the way I did a quick stop by Turner Falls....by Ardmore, OK. It is in the Arbuckle mountains in south central OK. It actually looked a lot different than I remembered as a kid. It was kind of wild and didn't have so much cement around it when I was growing up. But it was still good to see it in the late fall. I imagine it would look better in late spring and early summer. The first time I ever went to Turner Falls I was in the 6th grade and went to a Methodist Church camp there. I don't really remember that much about that experience, but I do remember going.

Have you ever been stuck in traffic in Dallas, TX. It can be quite daunting. The little VW in front of us had Washington license plates. I thought that was kind of hilarious. I was so glad to be through all of that mess in Texas. Well at least Dallas. I really like the drive down through southeast Texas. It was really beautiful I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was really surprised.


One of the goals of the trip was to try and fit in multiple Wildlife Refuges. Many of you know that I'm an avid birder and I was in 7th heaven. We have tons of blue heron at home, but it was nice to see them here. I also got to see some Roseate Spoonbill but wasn't able to come up with a good photo. There were also hundreds of Egrets. I also got to see lots Snow Geese.








Also took a drive over to Southwest Louisana and got to see the Gulf of Mexico from there too. I've seen the Gulf lots of times but not this particular place. I realize how nice the beach is where I live. It's really cold up in Washington, but I really do miss it. Heading off to Memphis, TN tomorrow morning and hope to have more photos up soon. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

No comments: