
I actually took the photo of this little Hooded Merganser. Well just call me the bird lady. I taught a beginning bird class on Loon's and Grebes and it went really well. My PowerPoint presentation had sounds, videos, and photos. I wish I could just upload the whole thing here, but I certainly don't want to bore. I do have a website to advertise my birding classes and it has generated some buzzzzz. It is http://www.meetup.com/Discovery-Coast/ (you might have to copy and paste the URL) and I also got some magnetic signs for the doors on the car. I'll try to post those later. It's too dark and too cold right now. I've been out doing some bird watching here of late. My most amazing find was a couple of Surf Scoters in breeding plumage. Fabulous. Saw lots of Glaucous Winged Gulls the other day too. Probably around 100 of them in one place. We are not short of Gulls around here, but this gathering was super. I'm trying to get out a couple of times a week. It's supposed to snow here this evening and maybe tomorrow morning. It's hard to tell around here. It could just pass to the north of here. Yep....see what old people do.
No comments:
Post a Comment