Friday, November 12, 2010

Still here in Oklahoma...???? weeks and counting

Well I'm still here in Oklahoma. I think it's been 11 weeks. Somehow I've lost track. This is not exactly what I had in mind when I came here, but I'm hanging in there. We've been able to get out and do something I call Sunday drives. We've been to Red Rock Canyon (west of the city), Mt. Scott (Lawton, OK), we've been up to Lake Hefner a few times, been to Lake Overholser, we've been to Deep Fork Wildlife Refuge (Henrietta, OK) and we've been to Ft. Worth, TX. Fort Worth was for a doctor appointment for Letha and we did find a really interesting vegan restaurant there. Yummo. I've not really seen that many of my family members since I've been here. I've seen my sister Franci at the local Y and I've seen my Aunt Marilyn a few times. But all in all family is pretty much absent. Don't quite understand it, but it's okay. Well I know why, but..... oh well, I'm prepared to let that go. Some days it's just tedious and some days lots of fun. We have been down to Norman, OK a few times too. We have found two really good vegan stores right on Main St. in Norman. We also got library cards for the Norman Pioneer library system. Works just like our little Timberland library at home. We actually have had some fun exploring Norman, OK. Right now the plan is to hang in through the winter unless something changes. Can't believe it's been so long since my last post.

No comments: