
The two folks on the left are from Spain. His name is Joaquin and hers is Maria. It was cold. It was wet. It was windy. It was sunny. The guy on the right is someone who wants to learn more about showing folks around the peninsula. Anyway. It was pretty windy when we went to a place called Benson Beach. When we were walking back to the car it started raining. So I said lets go over to the Great Blue Heron rookery. But we made a little stop by the Coast Guard staion. It was low tide and we saw, black- bellied plover, kildeer, a bufflehead, and some diving ducks and mergansers. Turned out to be pretty good. We went to the heron rookery and there was one heron nesting and lots flying in and out. The guy spotted a hairy woodpecker and was so excited. It was the first one he'd ever seen. Then we saw some darked eyed junco and a goldfinch. He was able to cross three things off his....hoped to see list. Yeah! We then went over to the Port of Peninsula and the sun started coming out and we saw guillemots, black turnstone, and more ducks of various kinds. Overall, even though it started out to be a crappy day, it turned out really good. It was mentioned at the local merchants association that someone on the peninsula was doing birding tours with someone from Argentina. It's amazing how distorted the story got by the time it got back around to me. The one who actually took these folks out. I found it quite funny. My boss called me and asked if I could come in to work and bring a sample of my classes that I teach. I took it in and he was impressed. Wants to put something together for guests. I could be kind of busy over the summer and into fall. What fun. Hey, I am having fun.
2 comments:
Mary this new birding life that you have going on is just too kool! I see lots of possibilities here. You could open a store from for birding tours in the area, and sell bird related items.
who is the guy standing with them in the picture?
Post a Comment